November 13, 2018
Supervising Students on the Job training session offered Nov. 27
Shanna Legleiter, director of learning and development, will present Supervising Students on the Job, WTD005, from 9:30-11:30 a.m. Tuesday, Nov. 27, in 4061 College of Business Building.
Student employees provide a significant portion of the workforce that supports and maintains this campus community. To work effectively with this important group, a supervisor should be aware of students' work limitations, key university and federal policies, and helpful leadership techniques. Even experienced supervisors of regular staff will benefit from the ideas offered in this program.
As a result of this session, participants will:
- Recognize best practices for student employee hiring and onboarding.
- Discuss responsibilities for supervisors of student employees.
- Understand student employee circumstances and limitations.
- Discuss motivation strategies and ways to recognize student employees.
- Review strategies for addressing poor work performance.
To register for this session, you can either sign up through HRIS self-service or send an email to Megan Hoelting at firstname.lastname@example.org. When sending an email, please include your name, employee ID and the course title.