September 26, 2018
Professional Staff Affairs Committee updates
As part of Faculty Senate, the Professional Staff Affairs Committee was formed in an effort to communicate the specific needs, challenges and voices of the K-State unclassified professional staff, who comprise more than one-third of K-State's employees.
Currently, the Professional Staff Affairs Committee is focusing on the following efforts:
- Liaising with Human Capital Services to obtain progress reports and timely, accurate information.
- Working with campus partners to improve cross-campus communication.
To make sure that we are accurately communicating the concerns of professional staff as we move forward, we will send a link to a brief, anonymous, survey to all professional staff in October. We ask that you please take a few minutes to help us determine priorities.
All professional staff are encouraged to attend the 2018 State of the University Address at 3:30 p.m. Friday, Sept. 28, at the K-State Alumni Center. If you are not able to attend in person, the event will be video streamed. If you have a question to present and are not able to attend in person you may email your question to email@example.com and it will be presented as time permits.
Finally, we invite all unclassified professional staff to reach out to a committee member and/or attend a meeting as needed. Meeting agendas and minutes are on the Professional Staff Affairs Committee website.
Elected members of the Professional Staff Affairs Committee:
- Mishelle Hay McCammant, College of Agriculture, 2018-2021.
- Thomas Jackson, College of Architecture, Planning & Design, 2015-2021.
- Christina Hauck, College of Arts and Sciences, 2016-2019.
- Ashley Thomas, College of Business Administration, 2013-2021, co-chair.
- Kelly Briggs, College of Education, 2013-2020, co-chair.
- Chassy Nichols, College of Engineering, 2014-2019.
- Laurie Chandler, Extension, 2018-2021.
- Rob Caffey, general university, 2018-2020. Alternate: Maria Beebe.
- Mary Anne Andrews, College of Human Ecology, 2013-2019.
- Alice Anderson, K-State Libraries, 2018-2019.
- Alyssa Wendel, Technology and Aviation, K-State Polytechnic, Jan. 17-19.
- Mal Hoover, College of Veterinary Medicine, 2017-2020.
- Miranda Moore, student representative.