September 11, 2018
Global Campus to host second Have a Byte event
Kansas State University Global Campus is hosting an event for those with an interest in distance education instruction that aims to provide insight, generate interest and inspire attendees to take the next step toward teaching online.
The second annual event, called Have a Byte, will be from 3-4:30 p.m. on Sept. 21 in the Wildcat Chamber at the K-State Student Union. There will be a wine and cheese reception following the program.
The event will feature several faculty and staff members who currently teach online at K-State. They will share unique and effective methods for teaching online and other tips that would benefit anyone interested in offering courses through an online delivery model, as well as those who already teach online courses.
Scheduled presenters at Have a Byte:
• David Allen, College of Education
• Todd Goodson, College of Education
• Kelli Grant, College of Arts and Sciences
• Ron Jackson, Global Campus
• Deborah Kohl, College of Agriculture
• Roxanne Martens, College of Human Ecology
• Trina McCarty, Global Campus
• Chwen Sheu, College of Business
• Michael Wesch, College of Arts and Sciences
• Jill Wood, College of Education
Have a Byte is a collaborative effort between Global Campus, the Teaching and Learning Center, Office of Mediated Education and Information Technology Assistance Center.
Global Campus asks that you RSVP by Sept. 14. Additional information and the RSVP form can be found at global.k-state.edu/faculty/have-a-byte.