January 8, 2018
Manhappenin', Collegian staff win awards
In what the Kansas Press Association called the first time university students entered its contest, K-State students brought home five awards from the KPA's professional competition.
The students won for their work in Manhappenin' magazine and the Collegian, which competed with established, professional publications across the state. The awards:
- First place, Photo Illustration: George Walker, December '17 graduate in computer engineering, and Olivia Bergmeier, sophomore in mass communications, "Rape Culture Awareness," Manhappenin'.
- Second place, Feature Story: Molly Burt, senior in education and mass communications, "Rape Culture Awareness," Manhappenin'.
- Second place, Front Page Design: Audrey Hockersmith, May '17 graduate in fine arts, and Gabrielle Farris, sophomore in biochemistry, Collegian.
- Second place, Best Online Ad (Motion): Allie Dieter, senior in mass communications, Collegian.
- Third place, Best Online Ad (Motion): Allie Dieter and Acacia Thalmann, senior in fine arts, Collegian.
The awards will be presented in Topeka at the Kansas Press Association's annual conference on Feb. 9.