March 24, 2015
Student Alumni Board selects 19 new members to assist K-State Alumni Association
Nineteen Kansas State University students recently were selected to serve on the Student Alumni Board, a group of approximately 40 students who promote and serve the university and the K-State Alumni Association. Student Alumni Board works to enhance the K-State experience by creating a link between the Alumni Association and past, present and future students.
Student Alumni Board members are responsible for planning and hosting several programs to recruit students to K-State, including the For Sophomores Only program for high school sophomores and the Just For Juniors program for high school juniors and their parents. Student Alumni Board members also coordinate and assist with Wildcats Forever Student Alumni Association, Grad Bash, the Distinguished Young Alumni Award, the Junior Wildcats Club and other Alumni Association programs and events.
"This is a group of well-rounded, creative and engaged students who are passionate about their university," said Amanda Lee, Student Alumni Board adviser and assistant director of student programs for the association. "We look forward to working with them to promote and enhance the K-State experience."
The following in-state students were selected:
- Molly Bassette, Atchison, freshman in biology, daughter of William and Rebecca Bassette.
- Allison Harwood, Lawrence, junior in marketing and entrepreneurship, daughter of Doug and Laura Lee Harwood.
- Anna Meissbach, Lawrence, freshman in history and political science, pre-law, daughter of Ken and Janice Meissbach.
- Maggie Meyer, Lenexa, sophomore in chemical engineering, daughter of Mark and Lauren Meyer.
- Julia Satzler, Manhattan, freshman in dietetics and kinesiology, daughter of Larry and Connie Satzler.
- Zach May, Oberlin, sophomore in industrial engineering, son of Roland and Pam May.
- Ethan Stueve, Olathe, freshman in electrical engineering, son of James and Janise Stueve.
- Jack Ayres, Overland Park, freshman in chemical engineering, pre-med, son of Mike and Suzy Ayres.
- Andrew McKittrick, Prairie Village, freshman in computer engineering, son of Bev and Rich McKittrick.
- Mark Ronning, Prairie Village, sophomore in electrical engineering, son of Margy and Eric Ronning.
- Mohri Exline, Salina, sophomore in political science and international studies, daughter of Linn and Curt Exline.
- Carolina Mach, Shawnee, freshman in broadcast journalism and digital media, daughter of Patty and Scott Mach.
- Drew Bormann, Stilwell, freshman in business management, son of Scott and DeeDe Bormann.
- Luke Garrison, Topeka, sophomore in chemical engineering, son of James Garrison and Lisa Pfannenstiel-Garrison.
- Ashley Ebeck, Ottawa, freshman in accounting and finance, daughter of Terry Ebeck.
- Becca Andrus, Wichita, freshman in chemical engineering, daughter of Holmes and Lahna Andrus.
The following out-of-state students were selected:
- Melanie Riordan, Norwalk, Iowa, sophomore in public relations, daughter of John and Janet Riordan.
- Justice Davis, Kansas City, Missouri, junior in business marketing, daughter of Jessica and Chris Nixon and Deanthony Davis.
- Naomi Mwebaza, Kampala, Uganda, junior in psychology, daughter of James and Elizabeth Ssemwanga.