January 29, 2015
K-State Online: Canvas training available throughout the spring
Submitted by Information Technology Services
The deadline for upgrading K-State Online Classic courses to Canvas is getting closer and closer. All courses need to be upgraded to Canvas by Dec. 31. Training sessions are available throughout the spring to prepare instructors who need to upgrade their courses to K-State Online powered by Canvas.
The face-to-face training includes:
- Discover the Power of Canvas — explore the navigation, start a new course, and cover the communication tools within Canvas.
- Designing Course Content — start a new course, add content from K-State Online Classic, and learn how to use the Pages tool.
- Developing Canvas Assignments — create an assignment, create a quiz, and add questions to an existing quiz.
All Canvas training classes will be in 301A Hale Library. Registration is required. To sign up for Canvas training:
- Sign in to HRIS. Under Employee Self Service, select Learning and Development.
- Select KSU Training Enrollment.
- Locate the class you want, and click View Available Sessions.
- Click the session you would like to attend.
- Verify your personal information and then click Continue.
To learn more about Canvas training opportunities, view the training page on the K-State Online powered by Canvas website.