January 29, 2015
Staley School of Leadership Studies seeking applications for inaugural Snyder Leadership Legacy Fellows program
K-State head football coach Bill Snyder has brought many of us some of our greatest K-State memories. Chances are you've celebrated many of his 187 wins, cheered on the Cats at one of 16 bowl berths, or watched as he engineered what has become known as the biggest turnaround in college football history. For years, Coach Snyder has been developing leaders through football.
In addition, Coach Snyder has been a champion of developing leaders off the football field. As a founding member of the Staley School's Advancement Council, he has helped guide and support leadership studies into the thriving program that it is today. It is because of this commitment to leadership — both on and off the field — that the Staley School of Leadership Studies, in partnership with K-State Athletics, is thrilled to introduce a new leadership development program that honors his work in developing a family of leaders — the Snyder Leadership Legacy Fellows program.
The inaugural Snyder Fellows program will begin in May 2015 and continue through April 2016. This yearlong program will include a class of up to 50 outstanding K-State undergraduate students entering their final year at K-State; curriculum is based upon Coach Snyder's 16 Goals for Success. Snyder Fellows will participate in leadership development activities to help prepare for transition from college and for engagement as lifelong leaders.
The Snyder Leadership Legacy Fellows program will:
- Provide a leadership development opportunity rooted in Coach Snyder's 16 Goals for Success, to top students of Kansas State University.
- Provide opportunity for students to engage in a leadership dialogue with Coach Snyder.
- Raise the visibility and importance of leadership in action, during and after a student's formal education.
- Elevate student's passion for service, encouraging them to take on opportunities that make a difference in the world in which they live.
- Provide tools and resources that will aid students in working toward a common goal, with others, as a team, in a competitive environment.
- Expect commitment from fellows, connecting them to business leaders, successful athletes, and scholars who all have an interest in exercising leadership in their lives.
The application period will be open through Feb. 20. The inaugural class of students of the Snyder Leadership Legacy Fellows program will engage in three separate intensive leadership opportunities; the first session will take place on May 27 and 28. Two additional leadership development sessions will occur during the 2015-2016 academic year.
For more information on the Snyder Leadership Legacy Fellows program, contact Staley School faculty member Marcia Hornung at 785-532-6085 or email@example.com. Also please visit Snyder Fellows website for more information and details on the Snyder Leadership Legacy Fellows program.