December 19, 2014
2015 Call for Office of International Programs Incentive Grants
The Office of International Programs is now accepting international grant proposals to fund activities that are likely to have a significant impact on elevating international education at Kansas State University. The total award amount for this round of grant proposals is $35,000 — an increase of $10,000 from past years.
The deadline for application submission is 5 p.m. Friday, Feb. 13, 2015.
"This is great that Office of International Programs increased the amount available to K-State faculty," said Marcellus Caldas, director of international research and faculty collaboration in the Office of International Programs. "This grant can be used to develop international collaborations for research, teaching and study abroad opportunities."
The majority of individual grants will fall into the range of $1,000 to $3,000. Group applications should be submitted by one individual whom the group has identified to serve as the "lead" for the grant application. This person will be responsible for determining the allocation of funding awarded for the program. Group grants are typically limited to a maximum of $4,000.
Funding cannot be approved for:
• Attendance at conferences not involving presentations or organizational responsibilities by the grant applicant.
• Technology equipment.
Opportunities for proposals should fall into one or more of the following broad categories:
A. International Faculty Collaborations and Partnership Building Incentive Grant.
- International research/teaching, including organizing international workshops and conferences, and planning visits to initiate collaborative research/teaching and/or institutional partnerships
- Incorporation of global perspectives/components into curriculum or campus program(s), including bringing international visitors/lectures to K-State
B. International Global Learning Opportunities Grant.
- Development of global learning opportunities, including study abroad courses and/or internship programs with companies or partner universities overseas
- Short-term — two to three weeks — co-teaching experiences with partner institutions in which a segment of a syllabus will be shared through technological means by both institutions.
- This grant award will be approximately $2,000.
Read more about the International Incentive Grant program, including submission criteria and information about previous awards or contact Marcellus Caldas in the Office of International Programs at 785-532-1244 or firstname.lastname@example.org.