November 6, 2014
Anti-discrimination training offered in November, December
Anti-Discrimination Training, WTD 169, will be presented by Ameerah McBride, investigator/deputy Title IX coordinator of institutional equity. Sessions will be offered Nov. 13 and Dec. 16, both of them from 9-10:30 a.m. in the K-State Student Union's Room 226.
The purpose of the session is to increase awareness of issues related to discrimination and to inform participants of the university policy regarding harassment, sexual harassment, and sexual violence.
After attending this session, participants will:
- Recognize Kansas State University policy prohibiting discrimination, harassment, and sexual violence;
- Identify behaviors that may constitute discrimination;
- Gain knowledge of guidelines for ways to reduce risk of sexual violence;
- Understand bystander intervention; and
- Recognize resources available to the campus community.
Supervisors are urged to enroll new employees who may not be familiar with K-State's policy, including those who have transferred from other state agencies.
To register for this session, you can either sign up through HRIS self-service or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. When sending an email, please include your name, employee ID, and the course title.