August 30, 2016
Confucius Institute to host open forum on collaborative research and exchange programs between K-State and Chinese academic institutions
K-State's Confucius Institute will host an information table and open forum on the Manhattan campus on Sept. 7 to celebrate its Chinese partner Jilin University and its 70th anniversary. The forum also will spotlight K-State's many collaborative research and exchange programs with Jilin University — the largest of the top comprehensive universities in China — and other Chinese academic institutions.
The information table will be set up from noon to 1 p.m. on the K-State Student Union terrace in front of Bosco Plaza. Anyone interested in learning more about Jilin University and the Confucius Institute is welcome to stop by. The institute's staff also will demonstrate Chinese calligraphy and perform Chinese music.
The open forum will be at 3:30 p.m. in 227 K-State Student Union. Presenters will share their experience of collaborating with Jilin University and other Chinese institutions, followed by Q-and-A. If you are interested in collaborative research opportunities and exchange programs, including study abroad in China, this event is for you.
• Jishu Shi, professor of immunology in the anatomy and physiology department in the College of Veterinary Medicine and director of the U.S.-China Center for Animal Health.
• Naiqian Zhang, professor and graduate program director in the biological and agricultural engineering department in the College of Engineering.
• Stacy Hutchinson, professor of biological and agricultural engineering in the College of Engineering.
• Xiuzhi "Susan" Sun, university distinguished professor of grain science and industry in the College of Agriculture.
• Stefan Bossmann, professor of chemistry in the College of Arts & Sciences.
• Weiping Zhang, professor of diagnostic medicine and pathobiology in the College of Veterinary Medicine.
• Jana Fallin, university distinguished professor of music in the School of Music, Theatre, and Dance, which is part of the College of Arts & Sciences, and director of the Teaching and Learning Center.
• Steven Graham, assistant to the dean and director of the College of Agriculture/K-State Research and Extension.
• Dean Fisher, executive director of enrollment management, Kansas State Polytechnic Campus.
• Kelsey McDonough, doctoral student in the biological and agricultural engineering department.