Being an Ambassador
Responsibilities of OURCI Ambassadors:
- Hours: 15-30 flexible hours each semester. Some evening and weekend availability is necessary.
- Represent the OURCI in a knowledgeable and professional manner.
- Promote the benefits and activities of the OURCI to high schools, college classes, at campus recruitment events, and on panels for students, faculty, alumni, and potential donors.
- Assist with OURCI events, including the Spring Research Symposium, K-State Open House, and SPARK Week.
- Participate in OURCI ambassador training. Training is mandatory and individuals who cannot attend the entire training session will lose their peer ambassador position.
- Build presentation and verbal communication skills.
- Gain valuable experience and recognition for promoting a highly valued undergraduate program.
- Be a leader in a community of researchers.
- Have an opportunity to share your research experience with peers, staff, and faculty of the university, and potential new students.
- Gain networking opportunities with faculty.
- Add a great resume-building experience.
- Receive an OURCI t-shirt.
- Peer ambassadors must be undergraduate or graduate students with research experience and be in good academic standing with a GPA of 3.0 or above. Applicants should have completed one full year in research.