Who We Are
We're a small award-winning and undergraduate-focused philosophy department, with strengths in ethics, logic, and the philosophy of science. With us, you will:
- Investigate the ideas that shape our world - discover the foundations and structure of morality, knowledge, and reason
- Receive individual attention in a department devoted to undergraduate education
- Prepare for a variety of careers by practicing different forms of quantitative and analytical reasoning, learning to communicate, innovate, and lead.
- Make connections by developing a customized interdisciplinary degree
- Learn with our faculty of internationally-recognized scholars and award-winning teachers
You can support our mission by contributing to any of three philosophy-specific funds:
- the Philosophy Scholarship Fund (fund ID: Q12395),
- the Philosophy Faculty Development Fund (fund ID: F35415), or
- the Tilghman Excellence Fund (fund ID: F91990)
At this link.
The Tilghman Excellence fund supports visiting speakers, undergraduate and faculty research, and scholarships. The Faculty Development Fund and Scholarship Fund support faculty development and undergraduate scholarships respectively.
To contribute to the Tilghman Excellence fund, select it from the designation box on the donations site. To contribute to the Philosophy Scholarship Fund or Faculty Development Fund, select "Other" in designation box and enter the code for your preferred fund.
Thank you for your support!