September 20, 2021
Provost names search committee for chief executive officer of K-State Olathe
Chuck Taber, provost and executive vice president, has appointed the search committee to lead a national search for the university’s next chief executive officer of K-State Olathe.
Chairing this committee will be Alysia Starkey, CEO and dean of K-State Salina Aerospace and Technology Campus. The university has engaged the services of Academic Career and Executive Search, an executive search firm, to support the search process.
Members of the search committee:
- Alysia Starkey, committee chair and CEO and dean of K-State Salina Aerospace and Technology Campus.
- Paige Adams, teaching assistant professor of veterinary medicine at K-State Olathe.
- Rochelle Burke, principal scientist and PI at KCAS Bioanalytical and Biomarker Services.
- Royce Ann Collins, associate professor of educational leadership and graduate program director of adult learning and leadership, College of Education at K-State Olathe.
- Majid Jaberi-Douraki, associate professor of mathematics and data science and co-lead of 1Data at K-State Olathe.
- Paul Karr, director of engineering programs at K-State Olathe.
- Laura Loyacono, director of community and education engagement at K-State Olathe.
- Tara Markley, county extension director and community vitality agent at Johnson County Extension, K-State Research and Extension.
- Tim McKee, chief executive officer of Olathe Chamber of Commerce.
- Jeff Morris, K-State vice president for communications and marketing.
- Ellyn Mulcahy, associate professor of diagnostic medicine and pathobiology and director of the Master of Public Health program, College of Veterinary Medicine.
- Karen Pedersen, dean of K-State Global Campus.
- Claudia Petrescu, vice provost for graduate education and dean of the Graduate School.
- Eleni Pliakoni, associate professor of urban food production and postharvest handling in the horticulture and natural resources department, College of Agriculture at K-State Olathe.
- Rebekkah Stuteville, assistant dean of academic support services, teaching associate professor and director of professional science master's degree program at K-State Olathe.
- David Warm, executive director of Mid-America Regional Council, or MARC, and member of the K-State Olathe Advisory Board.
- Mike Wiegers, vice president of consumer engineering at Garmin and member of the K-State Olathe Advisory Board.