1. K-State home
  2. »University Operations
  3. »Facilities
  4. »Request

Division of Facilities

Division of Facilities
Kansas State University
109 Dykstra Hall
1628 Claflin Road
Manhattan, KS 66506-0903

Service Desk


Facilities is here to serve you. From providing Room requests to Disposal of Property to Repairing a Light, we offer many solutions for you. Most issues can be resolved by filling out one of the below forms or calling Customer Services at 532-6389.  

Service Request

Non-emergency requests for maintenance or service should be entered into the New Service Request. If this form does not address the issue, please contact Facilities Customer Services office at 785-532-6389.
(These items may include, but are not limited to lighting in an area; bushes too high; emergency phones not working; no electrical power to outlet; dripping faucets; etc.)

During normal business hours: 785-532-6389.
After normal business hours: KSU Police Department 785-532-6412.
(These items may include but are not limited to natural gas odors and/or leaks; water running in building from a water line; fire; loss of power to the building; etc.)

New Service Request

Service Request Report

Key Control Forms

Key Control and Distribution, is responsible for the more than 33,000 keys used by University staff, faculty, and students.  The mission of Key Control is to accurately maintain all key records and to control the issuing of all University keys in such a manner as to protect the security of University property.

Working with the Lock Shop and departments throughout the University, Key Control verifies all key requests, issues the keys, maintains computer and card files on each key, and assists with lock changes and special requests.

Since the key window is one of the first and last stops for most University personnel, public relations play a big part in the success of the operation.


Key Authorization Form

Lost Key Authorization

Vehicle Rental

To schedule a motor pool vehicle, call the University Motor Pool at 532-6397 to verify if a vehicle will be available when needed. A Request for Transportation or Request for Transportation E-Form should then be submitted to the Kansas State University Motor Pool. A copy may be faxed to 532-6395. Priority for use of vehicles will be in the order in which the Request for Transportation form is received in the University Motor Pool office, located in the Vehicle Maintenance Garage, 2610 Claflin Avenue. The University Motor Pool will confirm with the requesting department the availability of the requested vehicle for the date or dates requested. Unless the department does not desire collision insurance, the department will be billed for the $2.33 per day collision insurance premium. The department will be billed at the end of each month for any vehicle rentals on the monthly Facilities invoice.

To arrange for a vehicle, please call 785-532-6397 to reserve the vehicle before you fill out the transportation request.

Request for Transportation E-Form

Buildings and Grounds Reservation Requests

Room Scheduling is responsible for verifying, scheduling, and processing all requests for 128 general-use classrooms, All Faiths and Danforth Chapels, campus grounds, Weber Arena, and Ahearn Sports Complex.  Room Scheduling receives requests from the maintenance shops inquiring when they can get into general-use classrooms to make minor and major repairs.  Custodial Services rely on a computer print-out from Room Scheduling to plan regular and special cleaning schedules.

Buildings and Grounds Reservation Requests

Project Estimate Request

Space Request

Please send all Space Request forms to the Space Management Department. Questions or Concerns, please contact: Heather Mills - hlmills@ksu.edu

Space Request


Pest Control

Disposal of Property

Disposal form for Division of Facilities use only.

For all other KSU departments please contact Division of Financial Services.

2025 Vision

"Responsive, timely and strategic facilities services aligned with campus operational needs as well as future planning and implementation."