Professional Communication Workshop - February and March 2019
Congratulations on beginning this next stage of your academic and professional journey!The English Language Program at Kansas State University is honored to host you for this professional development opportunity.
During your time in this six-week program, you will participate in workshops, seminars, and other activities to enhance your academic English communication skills and to learn about the U.S. higher education system, particularly at the graduate level.
You will also experience American culture first-hand in a friendly and welcoming environment. Program faculty and staff are waiting to welcome you!
Information about Kansas State University and Manhattan, Kansas:
- About Kansas State University
- Read about the beautiful Manhattan campus
- Learn about K-State's Strengths
- Find out about K-State's 155 Year History
- Learn about K-State Traditions
- Hello Manhattan Video
- Manhattan Visitor Information
- Lafene Health Center
Housing and Food:
During your time in Manhattan, you will be living in university apartments with your colleagues.
You will eat most of your meals in a Dining Center on campus.
- Pre-arrival Handbook (pdf)
- Arrival Information (pdf)
- Orientation Schedule (pdf)
- Program Schedule (pdf)
- Cultural Events Schedule (pdf)
- Example Optional Cultural Activities (pdf)
Transportation will be provided from the Manhattan airport upon your arrival and for all Program events. Other local transportation options include:
For any questions regarding the program, contact:
Office of International Programs
Special Programs/Sponsored Students
1601 Vattier Street
Manhattan, KS 66506