Kansas State University is recognized by the Princeton Review as one of America's best colleges, and U.S. News & World Report lists the university among the top 75 public universities in the U.S. Kansas State University is implementing an aggressive plan to become a top 50 public research university by 2025.
Colleges: agriculture; architecture, planning and design; arts and sciences; business administration; education; engineering; human ecology; technology and aviation; and veterinary medicine.
Graduate study: The Graduate School offers 65 master's degrees, 45 doctoral degrees and 22 graduate certificates in multiple disciplines across campus.
Extension: K-State Research and Extension conducts practical research and delivers those results to all 105 Kansas counties to improve the lives of Kansans.
Students: More than 24,300 from all 50 states and more than 100 countries.
Degrees: More than 250 undergraduate majors and options are available.
Organizations: More than 475 student organizations and nearly 30 club sports.
Sports: A total of 16 men's and women's teams compete in the Big 12 Conference.
Financial aid: More than $200 million in scholarships, grants, loans and work study is distributed each year.
Locations: The main campus is located in Manhattan, Kan. The Little Apple is a classic college town with more than 52,000 residents. The university also has a campus in Olathe and the Polytechnic campus in Salina.
Kansas State University has been continuously accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) of the North Central Association (NCA) of Colleges and Schools since 1916.
Kansas State University is a national leader among public universities in the total number of Rhodes, Marshall, Truman, Goldwater and Udall prestigious scholarship winners. The university is home to more national CASE/Carnegie Professors of the Year than any other public research university in America.
K-State got its start in 1858 when Bluemont Central College was founded and 53 students enrolled. Five years later K-State became the first fully operational land-grant college in America.