Student Employee of the Year
National Student Employment Appreciation Week: April 9-15, 2023
Each year colleges and universities across the country recognize the importance of the student work experience during National Student Employment Week. Student employment offers students career-enhancing opportunities, the ability to develop skills relevant to any career, and better preparation for the job market upon graduation.
At K-State, our student employees perform invaluable services with enthusiasm, dedication, and initiative. Indeed, many departments depend on the contributions of this reliable workforce for their daily operations.
Student Employee of the Year Ceremony: April 12, 2023 in the Alumni Center
Kyle Pelton Student Employee of the Year award (SEOTY)
A Little More About the Award
View past Student Employee of the Year winners!
Ways to Celebrate Your Student Employees
Recognition is an important part of expressing appreciation for the valuable work our student employees do. There are lots of ways you can celebrate your student workers that cost little — and mean a lot.
- Write thank you notes
- Dedicate a portion of your department newsletter, website or staff meeting to recognition of students
- Create certificates of appreciation
- Send an e-card showing appreciation
- Host a Zoom meeting to award virtual superlatives
- Post recognition on social media using #WildcatWay
- Throw a pizza party, potluck, do-it-yourself sundae bar, foot long sub party; have a popcorn machine in your office; serve cake & punch; have a hamburger/hot dog BBQ
- Host scavenger hunts with prizes for the winners
- Decorate office doors or bulletin boards with posters expressing appreciation to student workers and listing all students’ names
- Arrange for administrators to do some "reverse" job shadowing — partner with a student worker for a day or even an hour, to see what kinds of duties are involved
- Organize trivia contests with prizes for winners
- Distribute certificates of appreciation