Internships and Co-Ops
Find internships and co-ops near-by or far away in a variety of industries and career fields.
Need help finding an Internship?
Stop by the Studio to get assistance from our peer career specialists or schedule an appointment with a career advisor.
Tips for Finding an Internship
Learn how and where to look for internship leads.
What is an Internship?
Internships are paid or unpaid work in a field directly related to the student's area of study. Usually part-time during one semester or full-time during the summer. Another related term is co-op which refers to an extended work expereience that is usually full-time that extends over one to two semesters. No matter the terminolgy, you have the opportunity to:
- Explore and clarify career interests
- Foster personal and professional growth while developing a professional network
- Build upon classroom knowledge while improving transferable skills such as leadership, communication, teamwork and technology
- Consider receiving academic credit
Beyond Handshake, what are some helpful resources and tips for finding internships?
- Kansas Micro-Internship Program has short-term, paid projects of which many can be completed remotely
- Internship, co-op, or summer jobs websites
- Advisor recommended resources for specific industries, career fields and more
- Turn your internship/co-op into a full-time position