The one-stop approach of KSPS provides you with the ease of having your job printed and mailed from the same source. Our mailing department provides complete postal services and distribution for your printed projects such as newsletters, brochures, invitations and announcements for both internal and external mailings.
We can use your database files with our mailing software to sort your mailing list for maximum cost savings on postage. Our high-speed addressing system offers high-quality inkjet addressing. Whether your project is mailed through non-profit mail, standard mail or first class, we can coordinate your job to meet U.S. Postal regulations.
Services provided in the mailing department:
• Campus mailings - We can print your memos and flyers and merge them with the A&K list and send them out through campus mail for you. Saving you time of sticking on labels.
• Tabbing - A tabbing machine is located in Mail Services. US Postal regulations require self mailers and other automated mailings to be tabbed with either one or two tabs in order to speed the process of mailing. University Printing can apply them to your piece as part of your job process or we can put them on items you bring in.
• Inserting - We can put multiple items into an envelope using a machine which will save you time.
• Inkjet Labeling - We can address envelopes, brochures and postcards. Even if you are mailing it yourself we can address it for you. Be sure to check here for current USPS regulations about your lists.
Money saving tip$
- Take advantage of injet labeling to qualify for automated rates whenever possible to save the most on postage costs.
- Consolidate materials into one envelope when possible.
- It costs less in the long run to pay an extra ounce surcharge than to send an extra envelope and another mailing.
- Redesign non-letter pieces to conform to letter-size.
- Use postcards if content allows.