Graduate Certificate Program
- All applications must have an undergraduate degree, and/or
- Be enrolled in a graduate program at K-State OR be admitted to a graduate program as a non-degree student.
- Submit a narrative letter that describes your interest and experience in public health and objectives for completing the certificate.
- Submit one letter of recommendation from your advisor/major professor or employer (if working as a public health professional).
- Supply copies of all transcripts. If you are a K-State student, print out a current transcript from iSIS and upload it at the appropriate place in the application process.
- If available, supply GRE scores. Note: For this graduate certificate only, GRE scores are not required; but they are recommended if, in the future, you plan to apply to the MPH degree program.
To Apply for Admission to the Certificate Program:
- Apply through the Graduate School online application. When asked to Select a Degree and Program choose “Graduate Certificate” for degree and “Public Health Core Concepts – Graduate Certificate” for program. The program will be listed under the Interdisciplinary tab.
- At this time, there is no application fee for certificate programs at K-State
If, at a later date, either while completing the certificate or after completion, you apply to the MPH degree program at Kansas State University and are admitted, all the MPH core courses required for the graduate certificate may be applied to the MPH degree.
Please direct all questions to:
Dr. Michael Cates
Director, Master of Public Health Program
311 Trotter Hall
Kansas State University
Manhattan, Kansas 66506
More information can be found at: