Kansas State University has students from more than 100 countries and is proud of its international student body. As an international student, your application for admission to K-State must meet the same academic standards for admission as those required of native students. In addition, international applicants holding non-immigrant visas are required by U.S. immigration regulations to be enrolled in a full course of study.
Deadlines in individual degree programs may be earlier, check with the department in which you are interested when planning your application.
- January 8 for fall (August) enrollment
- August 1 for spring (January) enrollment
- December 1 for summer (June) enrollment
Current K-State International Master's Student
Current K-State Master's students continuing on to a Doctoral degree in the same curriculum may submit the International Application for Admission to Doctoral Program (pdf).
Completing the Application
If you need assistance with the online application select the 'Contact our help desk' option shown on the online application website.
Complete all required sections and upload documents or media to your online application as they are requested. Do not submit documents by email or mail to the graduate school (unless you receive a request).
Affidavit of Financial Support
Each application must indicate the source of financial support. Financial support documentation should be accompanied by the Affidavit of Financial Support form verifying that financial support is available for the student while attending Kansas State University. Sponsors must sign the financial affidavit; electronic signatures are not accepted. This documentation is required in order to issue an I-20 or DS-2019 and has no bearing on the admission decision.
|Download the Affidavit of Financial Support form|
|K-State Manhattan (Main) campus:||PDF Form|
|K-State Polytechnic (Salina) campus:||PDF Form|
|K-State Olathe campus:||PDF Form|
Applicants may not need to submit the affidavit of financial support form if they meet the following criteria:
- H1 visa holder employed full-time, not planning to change visa type
- H4 dependent of H1 visa holder, not planning to change visa type
- F1/J1 student visa holder, enrolled full-time at another U.S. institution and will not be requesting an I-20 or DS-2019 from Kansas State University now or in the future.
- Residing in another country outside the U.S. and does not need a student visa (applying for online/distance learning)
- Holds a I-20 or DS2019 at K-State and is applying for a certificate program in conjunction with their current Master's or Doctoral program at K-State
You must pay the application fee to submit your application. See Application Process Steps - Fee information.
English Proficiency Requirements
If your native language is not English, the Graduate School requires each applicant to provide a satisfactory test score for TOEFL, IELTS or PTE. See Application Process Steps for more information on the English Proficiency Requirements