Application and Admission Requirements:
Online Application Procedure
Kansas State University uses an online application process. All documents should be uploaded to the new system after you set up an account and pay the application fee.
To start the application process, apply on the Graduate School's admission page.
The documents you will be required to upload are:
- A narrative letter describing your objectives in pursuing the degree and plans for completion of the degree requirements. Instructions for the narrative letter are below:
- Copies of all transcripts. The last 60 hours of your undergraduate degree will be reviewed and must average 3.0 or higher (“B”) on a scale of 4.0. If accepted, you will need to provide "official" transcripts to the Graduate School.
- Three letters of reference from your advisor, professors, or any others that can provide information about your ability to succeed in Graduate School. You will need to provide the names and e-mail addresses for your references. The online application system will e-mail a link to each of them so they may provide their reference/evaluation online.
- GRE scores (required of all applicants). Note: A waiver for the GRE may be requested by an applicant that: (1) Has a graduate degree, such as a Master of Science or PhD from an accredited institution of higher education in the United States; (2) Has a graduate professional degree, such as an MD, DDS, or DVM from an accredited institution of higher education in the United States; or (3) Is already in the Graduate Certificate for Public Health Core Concepts program and has completed at least 9 semester credit hours from the required core courses with at least a 3.25 cumulative graduate Grade Point Average on those hours.
- If English is not your native language, an official record of the TOEFL score sent directly from ETS. Required: TOEFL score of 550
- For international applicants only, a completed affidavit of financial support dated within nine months of desired entry date. Note that any substitute documentation other than the affidavit cannot be accepted. Download the form from the Graduate School International Students webpage.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the MPH Program Office (785-532-2042 or e-mail email@example.com).
All application materials must be uploaded to the online application by the dates below. Note that financial aid documents may have much earlier deadline dates.
Domestic students only
There are no specific deadlines for domestic students. Applications are accepted at any time, and students are admitted continually, but for timely processing, the following dates are suggested for submission of complete applications:
- 1 July – for Fall Semester enrollment
- 1 November – for Spring Semester enrollment
- 1 April – for Summer Semester enrollment
Note: Graduate assistantships are controlled by departments, and some may have earlier application deadlines, for funding consideration. If you plan to pursue an assistantship, check with the individual department faculty for their specific deadlines.
International students are only accepted for Fall enrollment
The Graduate School deadline for International Applications is:
- 1 January – for Fall Semester enrollment