Application and Admission Requirements:
All application documents must be received by the Program Director before the application can be reviewed by the appropriate faculty committee. The following items constitute a complete application:
- Completed application for admission to the Graduate School (fill out online at:http://www.k-state.edu/grad/application/index.html).
- Non-refundable application fee paid to Kansas State University and received by the Graduate School (pay online). Domestic and international fee amounts are posted on the Graduate School’s website. Note there is a different fee amount for domestic and international applicants.
- Official record of the GRE scores sent directly from Educational Testing Service (ETS). Have scores sent to K-State #6334. There is no set minimum score for the GRE.
Note: A waiver for the GRE may be requested by an applicant that: (1) Has a graduate degree, such as a Master of Science or PhD; (2) Has a graduate professional degree, such as an MD, DDS, or DVM; or (3) Is already in the Graduate Certificate for Public Health Core Concepts program and has completed at least 9 semester credit hours from the required core courses with at least a 3.25 cumulative graduate Grade Point Average on those hours.
- One official copy of transcripts from all universities attended. The last 60 hours of your undergraduate degree will be reviewed and must average 3.0 or higher (“B”) on a scale of 4.0.
- Three letters of recommendation from former professors or employers that emphasize the applicant’s potential as a graduate student. The program form below must be used.
- A narrative letter describing objectives in pursuing the degree and plans for completion of the degree requirements.
- For applicants whose native language is not English, an official record of the TOEFL score sent directly from ETS. Required: TOEFL score of 550
- For international applicants only, a completed affidavit of financial support dated within nine months of desired entry date. Note that any substitute documentation other than the affidavit cannot be accepted. The form which outlines the financial support requirements is available at: http://www.k-state.edu/grad/students/international.html
All application materials must be received in our office by the dates below. Note that financial aid documents may have much earlier deadline dates.
Domestic students only
There are no specific deadlines for domestic students. Applications are accepted and students admitted continually, but for the timely processing of your application the following deadlines are suggested:
- 1 July – for Fall Semester enrollment
- 1 November – for Spring Semester enrollment
- 1 April – for Summer Semester enrollment
Note: Graduate assistantships are controlled by departments, and some may have earlier application deadlines, for funding consideration. If you plan to pursue an assistantship, check with the individual department faculty for their specific deadlines.
International students are only accepted for Fall enrollment
The Graduate School deadline for an International Applications is:
- 1 January – for Fall Semester enrollment