Source: Malgorzata Rys, 785-532-3733, email@example.com
Hometown connection: Andover, Hutchinson, Leawood, Manhattan, Overland Park, Stockton and Wichita, Kan.
News release prepared by: Tina Long, 785-532-3720, firstname.lastname@example.org
Wednesday, May 16, 2012
Engineering achievement: Industrial and manufacturing systems engineering students earn honors
MANHATTAN -- The industrial and manufacturing systems engineering department at Kansas State University is recognizing academic achievement and student involvement with several department and organization awards, as well as honors from the senior chapter of the Greater Kansas City Institute of Industrial Engineers.
Students, all industrial engineering majors, earning honors at the department's recent awards banquet included:
* Courtney Taylor, senior, Andover, the Outstanding Industrial and Manufacturing Systems Engineering Senior award. She is a 2008 graduate of Augusta High School and the daughter of Patricia and Brian Begley, and Dean Taylor.
* Jordan Bever, master's student, Hutchinson, the Lynn Bussey Memorial Graduate Award and scholarship, and the Institute of Industrial Engineers' Gamma Hardcharger award. Bever is the daughter of Jim and Janet Bever and a 2008 graduate of Hutchinson High School.
* Brandon Mais, senior, Leawood, the Alpha Hardcharger award from the Institute of Industrial Engineers. Mais, a 2008 graduate of Shawnee Mission East High School, is the son of John and Michelle Mais.
* Tom Bolton, sophomore, Overland Park, the Outstanding Industrial and Manufacturing Systems Engineering Sophomore award. Bolton, a 2010 graduate of Shawnee Mission South High School, is the son of John and Susan Bolton.
* Sarah Pavlu, junior, Overland Park, the George L. Dickey Memorial Scholarship award recognizing the outstanding junior in industrial and manufacturing systems engineering. A 2009 Shawnee Mission East High School graduate, Pavlu is the daughter of Ken and Susan Pavlu.
* MaryLynn Griebel, freshman, Stockton, the Outstanding Industrial and Manufacturing Systems Engineering Freshman award. A 2011 graduate of Stockton High School, Griebel is the daughter of John and Susan Griebel.
* Jordyn Storey, May 2012 bachelor's graduate, Wichita, Institute of Industrial Engineers' Beta Hardcharger award. Storey is the daughter of Bill and Terry Storey and a 2007 graduate of Maize High School.* Ali Kaan Ozkilic, May 2012 bachelor's graduate, Turkey, Jacob Smaltz Senior Academic Achievement Award and scholarship. Ozkilic is a 2008 graduate of Manhattan High School and the son of Tulay Sir and Veysi Ozkilic, Antalya, Turkey.