Gas leak found during Vanier Football Complex construction
Friday, June 12, 2015
MANHATTAN — The Manhattan Fire Department and safety officials responded to a gas leak at Kansas State University's Vanier Football Complex at 3:59 p.m. Friday, June 12.
The gas leak was caused when a two-inch natural gas line was struck during construction of the Vanier Center, a 15,000-square-foot addition to Bill Snyder Family Stadium.
No injuries were reported. Staff at West Stadium Center were evacuated for precautionary reasons.