December 1, 2020
Academic integrity at the end of the semester
As we approach final exams, the Honor and Integrity System reminds students of the importance of the Honor Pledge. The Honor Pledge applies to all assignments, examinations and other course work undertaken by students. The K-State Honor Pledge is "On my honor, as a student, I have neither given nor received unauthorized aid on this academic work."
Under the "Student Tips" section of the Honor and Integrity System website includes strategies to avoid unauthorized aid and collaboration. This section includes:
- A Statement on Unauthorized Aid and Collaboration.
- A Video on Unauthorized Aid and Collaboration.
- Tips to Avoid Unauthorized Aid and Collaboration.
We have also included a section on strategies to avoid plagiarism. This section includes:
- Do you know what plagiarism is? A short PowerPoint on various types of plagiarism.
- Strategies and Resources to Prevent Plagiarism.
- Do you know how to cite in MLA or APA styles? A PDF tutorial.
Please remember that academic integrity is just as important in online classes/assignments/tests as it is for in-person assignments or tests. If you would not do something with the professor standing in front of you, then you should not do it online either.