February 11, 2019
Snyder Leadership Legacy Fellows Program seeking applications until Feb. 22
Are you an undergraduate student who will be entering your final year at K-State during the 2019-2020 academic year? Are you a fan of Coach Bill Snyder? Are you looking for unique opportunities for personal development as you prepare for life after graduation? If so, consider applying for the Snyder Leadership Legacy Fellows Program.
All applications must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. Feb. 22.
In addition to engineering the greatest turnaround in college football history, Coach Snyder has been a champion of developing leaders — both on and off the football field. It is because of this commitment that the Staley School of Leadership Studies, in partnership with K-State Athletics, is thrilled to offer a leadership development program that honors his work in developing a family of leaders: the Snyder Leadership Legacy Fellows program.
The fifth year for Snyder Fellows program will begin in April and continue through April 2020. This yearlong program will include a class of up to 40 outstanding K-State undergraduate students entering their final year at K-State. Snyder Fellows will participate in a variety of leadership development activities to help prepare for the transition from college and for engagement as lifelong leaders. Through generous contributions from supporters of Coach Snyder and the Staley School, this noncredit development program will be offered at no cost for all selected students.
The Snyder Leadership Legacy Fellows:
- Participate in a leadership development program rooted in Coach Snyder's 16 Goals for Success.
- Attend three retreats focused on goal setting and leadership development.
- Take part in exclusive personal and professional development events with successful athletes, scholars and business leaders throughout the year.
- Participate in leadership dialogues and form an ongoing relationship with Coach Snyder.
- Engage in one-on-one leadership coaching sessions with Staley School faculty members and campus partners through the critical transition from college to career.
- Mentor youth in the Manhattan community with a group of Fellows, through youth sports coaching in partnership with the Manhattan Parks and Recreation Department.
- Make a difference on campus and in the community through hands on service and mentoring activities.
- Join the network of Snyder Fellows alumni dedicated to forming a long-lasting impact.
For more information on the Snyder Leadership Legacy Fellows program, visit k-state.edu/snyder-fellows or contact Staley School faculty members Marcia Hornung or Ashley Anderson at 785-532-6085 or email@example.com.