January 30, 2018
Kat Chat: 'Sticks and Stones: Words CAN Hurt'
Most of us are familiar with the saying "sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me." Unfortunately, words can hurt and the language we use has the power to divide or unite us.
Kat Chats will host "Sticks and Stones: Words CAN Hurt" from 4-4:45 p.m. Jan. 30 in 13 Leasure Hall.
During this session, we will discuss ableist language and why it is important to think about the language we use on a daily basis. Participants will leave with an understanding of ableist language, ideas for alternative language to use, and strategies for addressing ableist language when they hear it.
Can't join in person? Join from:
- PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android.
- IPhone one-tap, U.S. Toll: +14086380968,,639171568# or +16465588656,,639171568#
- Telephone: Dial: +1 408 638 0968, U.S. Toll or +1 646 558 8656, U.S. Toll. Meeting ID: 639 171 568
- International numbers available.
- SIP: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Skype for Business, Lync.