June 6, 2023
Financial Planning Academy available this July to high school students interested in business careers
High school sophomores through seniors who have an interest in pursuing a career in the fields of business or financial planning are invited to attend the inaugural Financial Planning Academy at K-State.
The five-day program brings students to K-State's Manhattan campus, where they will deepen their understanding of personal finance and the profession of financial planning. While here, participants will interact with local financial experts and further develop skills in leadership, communication, team building, entrepreneurship, marketing and more.
Over the course of the program, students will:
- Collaborate with fellow participants on a case study.
- Take part in team-building challenges.
- Participate in fun on and off-campus activities.
- Develop a financial plan.
- Compete for scholarships and prizes.
- Meet other students with an interest in financial planning or a business-related career.
Through generous support from the Charles Schwab Foundation, registration for the full event is only $150. This includes all room and board, meals and extracurricular activities.
Students interested in attending are encouraged to apply by June 12. Additional information and the program application can be found on the program website. Additional questions can be directed to Blake Gray, program coordinator.