October 31, 2022
Opportunity for undergraduate students to present research at Kansas State Capitol
Submitted by Office of Undergradute Research and Creative Inquiry
The Office of Undergraduate Research and Creative Inquiry is seeking undergraduate submissions for the honor of presenting their research or creative inquiry at the Undergraduate Research Day at the Capitol in March 2023.
The event will showcase the work of up to 40 Kansas undergraduate student projects representing each of the state's eight public four-year institutions. The purpose of the event is to demonstrate the unique undergraduate research opportunities with faculty members at all state institutions. This event will also emphasize higher education's role in developing educated citizens and preparing a workforce with the necessary skills to further the economic growth of the state.
Projects from a broad range of disciplines are encouraged — especially posters that relate to the state of Kansas and issues important to the state legislature — e.g., education, health, agriculture, aviation, biotechnology, energy, transportation, manufacturing, environment and social services.
Applicants must meet following requirements:
- Be an undergraduate during the 2022-2023 academic year.
- Have completed research under the guidance of a K-State faculty mentor.
- Follow the methodology of the appropriate academic discipline.
- Have research of sufficient quality to be presented at a professional academic meeting.
- Have the skills, resources and capacity to produce a professional academic poster.
- Agree to undergo training and rehearse their presentations prior to the event.
Applications must include:
- The title of the project.
- A 250-word abstract.
- An updated resume.
Please submit your application by Nov. 11.
Read more information at bit.ly/URDCmain.
As a reminder, the Office of Undergraduate Research and Creative Inquiry will have a Fall Undergraduate Research Showcase from 3-5 p.m. Nov. 30. Registration for the event is open until Nov. 11.
Contact the office with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.