October 11, 2022
KSRE Local Foods Systems to host next statewide virtual town hall on Oct. 26
The Kansas State Research and Extension Local Foods Systems Transdisciplinary Team will host next statewide quarterly local food systems virtual town hall scheduled from 11 a.m. to noon. Wednesday, Oct. 26.
The goal of the meeting is for people working in the area of local food systems across Kansas to be able to share what their organization is working on related to local food systems and learn what other organizations are doing so that we all can work together to strengthen local food systems in Kansas.
The agenda for the Oct. 26 virtual town hall:
1. Five-minute presentations
- Kathy Ruhf, food systems consultant, on the new national publication, "A Regional Imperative: The Case for Regional Food Systems."
- Eileen Horn, Kansas Food Action Network, South West Kansas Local Food Systems Assessment.
- Eleni Pliakoni, K-State associate professor, recap of K-State Urban Food Systems Symposium.
- Chris Roper, Flower Hill Institute local food systems support.
2. Open discussion about upcoming/ongoing local food systems-related grants in Kansas
- KSRE application for a USDA Regional Food Systems Program grant.
- Any others? We know that there are a number of pending as well as ongoing local food systems grants at the moment. So we would like to hear from anyone willing to share.
3. Brief announcements of upcoming local food systems events/initiatives in Kansas that will be occurring in the next few months. Everyone is welcome to share announcements that you might have in this area.
Please share this information with anyone that might be interested. Register for the session online.
We do plan to record the session so those who can't make it can view later. We look forward to seeing many of you online.