September 19, 2022
LGBTQ* Faculty and Staff Alliance meeting Sept. 20
Submitted by Catherine Caffera
Hello, K-State! The Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer — or LGBTQ* — Faculty and Staff Alliance invites all interested faculty, staff and graduate students to our first meeting of the semester at noon Tuesday, Sept. 20.
Join us in the Oneok Room of the Multicultural Student Center or email an Executive Board member for a Zoom link.
Who we are:
The LGBTQ* Faculty Staff Alliance is made up of classified and unclassified K-State employees and graduate students. Our members are deeply committed to advocating for sexuality and gender identity social justice and meeting the needs of our K-State community.
What we do:
The LGBTQ* FSA works to support and advocate for sexuality and gender identity-based issues in the K-State community. The efforts we encourage and support include, but are not limited to:
- Advocating for the recruitment, retention and professional development of sexuality and gender identity minority faculty and staff.
- Serving in a variety of mentorship roles for our students and peers, both professionally and personally
- Improving the recruitment, retention and graduation rates of LGBTQ students.
- Maintaining a cultural presence on campus and in the community, and community building.
- Providing input in institutional planning committees involved in varied university practices, and advocating for sexual and gender identity issues in policy and representation on our campus.
- Working with campus organizations and entities to advance diversity and multicultural initiatives and programs at K-State, as well as advancing civil rights and social justice for all members of the campus community.
How to get involved:
For additional information on our monthly meetings and special events, to be added to our listserv, or for the Zoom link, please contact one of our co-chairs: Adam Carr at firstname.lastname@example.org, Rachel Levitt at email@example.com, or Mariya Vaughan at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also visit the LGBTQ* Faculty and Staff Alliance webpage.