September 16, 2022
Submit nominations for international collaboration recognitions
The Office of International Programs' International Collaboration Recognitions goes to K-State faculty and instructors who have collaborated with an international partner for the first time during the 2021 calendar year. The recognitions include $1,000 granted to K-State faculty and instructors fitting the criteria.
"International collaboration in the form of co-publication or joint scholarly activity is a critical component of the international outlook of an institution and the Office of International Programs wants to recognize the achievements of our faculty and instructors," said Marcellus Caldas, assistant provost for international faculty collaboration and educational programs. "We are excited by this opportunity to support those K-State faculty and instructors who are contributing to our international profile."
Recognition including one-time $1,000 eligibility:
K-State tenured, tenure-track faculty or instructors with a regular contract who had their first career publication in peer review journals, book chapters, books or creative work — movies, video, photography, plays, among other forms of scholarly activities — in collaboration with one or more faculty member(s) or researcher(s) with a permanent position in a foreign institution as a primary institutional affiliation.
- For specific criteria regarding recognition eligibility: faculty status is as defined in the University Handbook Section C.
- The nomination is for a faculty member who published (or developed a creative work) for the first time in an international collaboration, and not for a publication (or creative work) developed for the first time with a new international collaborator.
- If the publication includes many K-State authors, the recognition goes to the first K-State author who is publishing for the first time in international collaboration.
- The contribution had to be published (or developed) between Jan. 1 and Dec. 31, 2021.
- An author's contribution while affiliated with another institution does not fit these recognition criteria.
- The nominee must be an active faculty member at the time of the recognition ceremony to receive this recognition.
- The relevant department head or unit director nominates the candidate by submitting a letter certifying the accomplishment.
- Only one submission per person allowed.
- Nominations should be submitted to email@example.com by 5 p.m. Friday, Sept. 30.
For any questions, including submission or eligibility criteria and incentive information, contact Marcellus Caldas at 785-532-1244 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The collaboration incentive recognitions are a part of K-State's International Education Week, to be celebrated this year from Nov. 4-18. The week is a joint initiative of the U.S. Department of Education and U.S. Department of State. It provides an opportunity to celebrate the benefits of international education and exchange worldwide which serves to promote programs that prepare Americans for a global environment and attract future leaders from abroad to study, learn, and exchange experiences in the United States.