September 20, 2022
Understanding Your Role as a K-State Supervisors offered Oct. 4
Submitted by Human Capital Services - Learning and Development
Understanding Your Role as a K-State Supervisor will be offered from 8 a.m. to noon Tuesday, Oct. 4, in Room 227 of the K-State Student Union.
The session is suitable for all academic, professional and support staff with management and/or leadership roles across the university. Participants will understand the importance of a leader who encourages and guides employees, advances teamwork, inspires trust and optimizes results.
The session will help participants:
- Define the role of the supervisor.
- Understand the higher education construct in the state of Kansas and the hierarchy of Kansas State University.
- Differentiate employee types — university support staff, unclassified, faculty.
- Understand the importance of effective onboarding practices.
- Build rapport and trust within a team.
You must be a current supervisor of university support staff or unclassified professionals to attend this session. The session is offered in conjunction with the K-State Supervisory Foundations Pillar I: Establishing Your Supervisory Foundation certificate program. Seating is limited.
To register for this session, please complete the registration form.