August 26, 2022
Newly hired faculty members invited to join New Faculty Institute
The New Faculty Institute is a universitywide program hosted by the Teaching and Learning Center to introduce newly hired faculty to K-State's missions of teaching, research and service. The institute provides networking and professional development opportunities to assist new faculty in becoming successful educators and researchers at Kansas State University.
The K-State New Faculty Institute will help participants:
- Make contact, establish relationships and initiate a professional network with peers and established faculty.
- Become knowledgeable about Kansas State University.
- Develop a sense of belonging to the K-State community.
- Take steps toward successful involvement in K-State's missions of teaching, research and service.
- Become proactive participants in a lifelong professional development process.
To be added to the New Faculty Institute listserv and to receive timely updates and a biweekly newsletter with pertinent information about campus, please email Tamara Bauer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fall events include:
- Wednesday, Aug. 31, from 3-4 p.m., 4-5:30 p.m.: Getting to know our campus community and campus tour. In-person networking event.
- Tuesday, Sept. 27, from noon to 1 p.m.: What do K-State students need from faculty? Student panel and discussion. Virtual event.
- Thursday, Nov. 10, from noon to 1 p.m.: Time with President Linton. Virtual event.
- Tuesday, Nov. 29, from 4-5:30 p.m.: Getting to know our campus community. In-person networking event.
For more details and to RSVP, please see the full PDF schedule.