May 2, 2022
Requesting volunteers for Faculty Senate committees
My term as Faculty Senate president will begin May 10. One of the first responsibilities of the incoming president and executive committee is the identification and nomination of faculty members and professional staff members to serve on university committees. Because these committees are an essential element of the university’s shared governance initiative, I strongly encourage you to consider serving on one or more of them in the upcoming academic years.
Right now, we’d like to just ask for volunteers for the Faculty Senate committees. We will request volunteers for the presidential and other university committees next week.
The names of each committee, along with the number of members needed, are listed below. For Faculty Senate committees, we will appoint the faculty members or professional staff members needed to complete each committee’s membership. For presidential committees and councils, we will recommend appointments to the appropriate office of oversight, with the final selection being made by those who oversee the committees. The term length for each committee can vary from one to three years. Should you need further information about one or more of these committees, please contact the current chair of the committee. Their names are listed in the Committee Handbook.
If you are interested in serving on one or more of the following committees, please complete a Committee Interest Form. This helps tremendously as we make committee appointments and recommendations.
I appreciate hearing from you by Monday, May 9. Thank you for considering this important component of shared governance. I look forward to working with you during the coming academic year.
Faculty Senate Committees
- 2090 Faculty Salaries and Fringe Benefits Committee, three faculty or professional staff.
- 2095 University Handbook & Policy Committee, two faculty or professional staff.
- 3035 University Calendar Committee, one faculty or professional staff.
- 3040 University Library Committee, four faculty or professional staff.
- Faculty representative to the Student Senate, one faculty.
- Union Governing Board, one faculty.
- Undergraduate Grievance Board, one faculty.