November 1, 2021
Join the Graduate Assistant Recruitment Collaborative
Greetings from the Graduate Assistant Recruitment Collaborative:
The Division of Student Life, Office of Student Success and the College Student Development program are excited to host the fifth collaborative graduate assistant visit and interview day. To enhance the opportunities of all graduate students and support offices and departments throughout the university, we extend an invitation to your office to participate in this collaborative and streamlined hiring process. We hope you will consider participating and look forward to working with you.
This year, we will host a visit and interview day on March 10, 2022. The event will likely be a combination of in-person and virtual activities and interviews to meet the needs of our candidates and offices. The exact schedule for the day is still in development. If you have participated in the past, you will notice that our dates and deadlines are earlier than in the past. This is a response to the national recruitment landscape for graduate students in student affairs. Many comparable institutions have also moved their processes earlier into the calendar year.
If you plan to participate in this process, here are the dates to remember and your next steps.
Dates to remember:
- Nov. 19: Survey responses due indicating your participation.
- Nov. 29, 3-4 p.m., 14 Holton Hall: Walk-in Q&A session for participating offices.
- Nov. 29: Application opens.
- Feb. 7, 2022: Application closes.
- Feb. 7, 2022: Areas/offices submit interview availability and number of interview rooms needed.
- Feb. 14, 2022: Offices notified of interested candidates.
- Feb. 21, 2022: Offices provide list of top four candidates plus two alternates.
- March 10, 2022: Interview Day.
- March 10, 2022: Offices provide a final ranking of candidates and feedback on process.
- March 11, 2022, 3-5 p.m., 14 Holton Hall: Meeting to determine candidate placement.
- March 13, 2022: Offices email students selected for role.
- March 13, 2022: Candidates informed if not selected for a role.
- Complete the Qualtrics survey by Nov. 19 to indicate you have an opening and will be participating in this process. In this survey, you will be asked to submit a position description and other information on your graduate assistant position.
- If you are uncertain of an opening at this time, please plan to participate. We will post your position as tentative on the website and will adjust as the process timeline nears.
- After receiving your survey, we will add you to a Teams channel where all communication will come from moving forward. On this channel, you will find an onboarding video that explains the process and what you can expect. You will be expected to confirm you have watched this onboarding video by Nov. 29.
- At that time, we will also share calendar events for all deadlines in the process for your convivence.
- Promote the Visit Day on your social media outlets both personal and professional. Details and links will be provided after we confirm the assistantship offerings.
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to reach out to the Office of Student Success at firstname.lastname@example.org.