October 18, 2021
Division of Motor Vehicles providing mobile service
The Division of Motor Vehicles will provide mobile service on Monday, Oct. 18, at the International Student Center, Multipurpose Room, 1414 Mid-Campus Drive North.
The following services will be provided:
- Kansas license/permit renewal, replacement, name change, address change and Real ID.
- Kansas ID card renewal, replacement, name change, address change and Real ID.
- Kansas learner's permit or driver's license written test only.
The drive must be done at a full-service station.
Learner's permits and driver's license first-time issuance can be accomplished with no testing as long as driver's education has been completed and the applicant can present their Certificate of Completion.
- Out-of-state transfers, as long as all required documents are presented.
- For renewals: Current state credential — and proof of residential address if address is different.
- For replacements: Two proofs of identification and one proof of residential address.
- For name change: Current state credential and state-issued certified copy of legal name change.
- For address change: Current state credential and one proof of residential address.
- For Real ID: Current state credential, state-issued birth certificate/valid U.S. passport, Social Security card/W2, proof of name change — if applicable and current name differs from birth certificate — and two proofs of residential address.
- License renewal over 65 years old: $20.
- License renewal 21-64 years old: $26.
- License with testing over 21 years old: $29.
- License with testing under 21 years old: $31.
- License replacement: $16.
- ID renewal over 65 years old: $18.
- ID renewal under 65 years old: $22.
- ID replacement: $12.
- Learner's permit new/renewal: $10.
- Learner's permit replacement: $16.
- Add Real ID only: $8 — if receiving another service and Real ID, no additional charge for Real ID.
View the acceptable documents checklist.
The Real ID indicator is for existing Kansas credentials and will be required by May 3, 2023, to board airplanes for flights, visit military bases and enter federal buildings.
To take advantage of this service, make an appointment online.
Note: Individuals who need testing will need an earlier appointment time as testing will stop one hour before lunch and end of the day.