June 25, 2021
Fiscal year 2021 fringe benefit rates for proposal budgets
Final fringe benefit rates for fiscal year 2022 have been confirmed. These rates are effective immediately and should be used when preparing budget estimates to be included in proposals submitted for extramural support. To facilitate the transition to these new rates, budgets that are in process will be accepted at the old rate until July 23, at which time PreAward Services will require the adoption of fiscal year 2022 rates.
Fiscal year 2022 rates are as follows:
- Faculty and unclassified staff: 32%.
- University support staff: 45%.
- Student hourly employees and enrolled graduate research assistants and graduate teaching assistants with appointments less than 0.5 time: 1%.
- Student hourly employees and non-enrolled graduate research assistants and graduate teaching assistants with appointments less than 0.5 time: 9.1%*.
- Graduate research assistants and graduate teaching assistants enrolled in six hours or more and who have appointments of 0.5 time or greater: 12.5% — this includes the percentage allocable to the employer’s share of health insurance.
*Add 11.18% to this rate to include health insurance for benefit-eligible graduate students not enrolled during the summer.
The above rates are to be used for estimating purposes. An individual’s actual fringe benefits will be charged to the sponsored project account.
Details regarding the different rates are available on the OVPR website.
Please circulate this notification to all who need to know these new rates.
Questions? Call PreAward Services at 785-532-6804 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.