May 18, 2021
Provost names search committee for interim dean of College of Health and Human Sciences
Chuck Taber, provost and executive vice president, has appointed the search committee to lead an expedited search for an interim dean of the College of Health and Human Sciences. This search will be an internal search open to current and qualified K-State employees. Chairing the committee will be Bonnie Rush, dean of the College of Veterinary Medicine.
Serving with Dean Rush on the committee:
- Brad Behnke, professor of exercise physiology.
- Kim Hiller, Barbara Weigand professor in apparel and textiles and fashion studies.
- Shawna Jordan, assistant professor and assistant dean of College of Health and Human Sciences.
- Junehee Kwon, professor of hospitality management.
- Mindy Markham, associate professor of applied human sciences.
- Martin Seay, associate professor and head of personal financial planning department.
The interim dean will take over leadership for John Buckwalter who will be leaving K-State in July to become provost at Boise State University. A national search will be conducted later for permanent leadership with more details to follow.