November 20, 2020
President names search committee for vice president for research
Submitted by Office of the President
Richard Myers, university president, has appointed the committee to lead a national search for the university's next vice president for research.
Co-chairing the committee with Myers will be Amit Chakrabarti, dean of the College of Arts and Sciences. The university will engage the services of an executive search firm to support the search process. The anticipated start date of the new vice president is June 1, 2021.
The following are members of the search committee:
- Shari Crittendon, university general counsel.
- Marty Draper, professor and associate dean of the Agricultural Experiment Station.
- Wayne Goins, university distinguished professor in the School of Music, Theatre, and Dance.
- Don Gruenbacher, associate professor and head of the electrical and computer engineering department.
- Greg Lohrentz, senior vice president for operations and finance — COO/CFO, KSU Foundation.
- Paul Lowe, associate vice president, Pre-Award Services.
- David Poole, university distinguished professor of kinesiology, and anatomy and physiology.
- Bonnie Rush, professor and dean of the College of Veterinary Medicine.
- Jason Smith, president and CEO, Manhattan Area Chamber of Commerce.
- Chuck Taber, provost and executive vice president.
- Barbara Valent, university distinguished professor of plant pathology.
- Marty Vanier, director of the National Agricultural Biosecurity Center.