November 17, 2020
Provost names search committee for dean of K-State Libraries
Chuck Taber, provost and executive vice president, has appointed the search committee to lead a national search for the university's next dean of K-State Libraries.
Chairing this committee will be Mary Tolar, director of the Staley School of Leadership Studies. The university will engage the services of an executive search firm to support the search process. The anticipated start date of the new dean is July 1, 2021.
The following are members of the search committee:
- Mary Tolar, chair, associate professor and director of the Staley School of Leadership Studies.
- Lynn Carlin, special assistant, Office of the Provost and Executive Vice President.
- Tara Coleman, associate professor and web services librarian, K-State Libraries.
- Tim de Noble, dean of the College of Architecture, Planning & Design.
- Linda Duke, director of the Marianna Kistler Beach Museum of Art.
- Ellie Everitt, '72, '74, KSU Foundation trustee.
- Mike Haddock, professor and associate dean of research, education and engagement division, K-State Libraries.
- Cliff Hight, associate professor, university archivist and department head of university archives and special collections, K-State Libraries
- Carolyn Hodgson, library associate, K-State Libraries.
- Livia Olsen, associate professor and academic services librarian, K-State Libraries.
- Craig Parker, associate professor in the School of Music, Theatre, and Dance and chair of the University Library Committee.
- Amy Rosine, associate professor in the School of Music, Theatre, and Dance.
- Alysia Starkey, dean of K-State Polytechnic.
- Heather Strafuss, fundraising services manager, KSU Foundation.
- Michelle Turvey-Welch, associate professor and department head of metadata, preservation and acquisitions, K-State Libraries.
- Cassie Wefald, junior in history and anthropology.
- Karin Westman, associate professor and department head of English.