October 9, 2020
National search for chief audit executive
A search committee has been formed to begin a national search for the chief audit executive.
The chief audit executive, or CAE, reports administratively to the university president and functionally to the Kansas Board of Regents — Fiscal Affairs and Audit Committee. The CAE has a dotted reporting relationship to the vice president for university operations, chief operating officer. The CAE provides strategic leadership to the internal audit office at Kansas State University. This role oversees the independent and objective assurance and consulting activities designed to add value and improve the university's operations. The CAE reports annually to the Kansas Board of Regents Fiscal Affairs and Audit Committee, summarizing the prior year's activities and audit plans for the coming year. A successful candidate will advise university management on the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls. The CAE is expected to work collaboratively with university executive leadership, Kansas Board of Regents Fiscal Affairs and Audit Committee and campus stakeholders.
Search committee members:
- Cindy Bontrager, vice president and chief operating officer, chair.
- Linda Cook, chief of staff and director of community relations.
- Paul Lowe, assistant vice president for research and sponsored programs.
- Elliot Young, assistant vice president and risk and compliance officer.
- Stacy Kovar, business associate dean for academic administration.
- Chad Currier, IT chief operating officer and deputy chief information officer.
- Fran Willbrant, assistant vice president of financial services.
- Geneva Jahnke, business fiscal officer.
- Dennis Stugelmeyer, director of fiscal affairs, K-State Polytechnic campus.
- Oscar Ruiz, captain of university police.
Lindsey Fouquette, executive recruitment manager for Human Capital Services, is serving as the executive recruiter.
To learn more about this role visit careers.k-state.edu/cw/en-us/job/509754/. The search committee will accept applications until Nov. 2. Virtual campus interviews are planned the week of Nov. 30.