August 28, 2020
Newly hired faculty members invited to join New Faculty Institute
The New Faculty Institute is a universitywide program hosted by the Teaching and Learning Center to introduce newly hired faculty to K-State's missions of teaching, research and service. The New Faculty Institute provides networking and professional development opportunities to assist new faculty in becoming successful educators and researchers at Kansas State University.
The K-State New Faculty Institute will help participants:
- Make contact, establish relationships and initiate a professional network with peers and established faculty.
- Become knowledgeable about Kansas State University.
- Develop a sense of belonging to the K-State community.
- Take steps toward successful involvement in K-State's missions of teaching, research and service.
- Become proactive participants in a lifelong professional development process.
To be added to the listserv and to receive timely updates about the New Faculty Institute, please email Tamara Bauer at email@example.com.
Fall events will take place virtually and are scheduled for:
- Monday, Aug. 31, 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.: Reflection and workshop on first two weeks of the semester.
- Wednesday, Sept. 23, 3:30-5 p.m: Time with Provost Charles Taber and networking.
- Tuesday, Oct. 27, 3:30-5 p.m: "What Do K-State Students Need From Faculty?" Student panel and discussion.
For event details and to RSVP, please see the website k-state.edu/tlc/programs/nfi.