July 22, 2020
Supervising Students on the Job training session offered virtually July 29
Megan Eakin from Learning and Development will present Supervising Students on the Job, WTD005, from 1:30-2:30 p.m. Wednesday, July 29, via Zoom.
Student employees provide a significant portion of the workforce that supports and maintains this campus community. To work effectively with this important group, a supervisor should be aware of students' work limitations, key university and federal policies, and helpful leadership techniques. Even experienced supervisors of regular staff will benefit from the ideas offered in this program.
The session will help participants gain the following:
- Recognize best practices for student employee hiring and onboarding.
- Discuss responsibilities for supervisors of student employees.
- Understand student employee circumstances and limitations.
- Discuss motivation strategies and ways to recognize student employees.
- Review strategies for addressing poor work performance.
To register for this session, you can either sign up through HRIS Self-Service or send an email to Megan Eakin at email@example.com. When sending an email, please include your name, employee ID, course title and course number (WTD005).