June 17, 2020
K-State to retire LiveSafe, replace with Rave Guardian
Beginning July 6, the university will retire LiveSafe and partner with the Rave Guardian mobile app that fully integrates with the K-State Alerts system. The app will aid in emergency and safety communications.
Much like LiveSafe, the free Guardian app allows K-Staters to send emergency or safety-related notices directly to K-State police.
Guardian app features include:
- One-click emergency dial.
- Campus alerts and updates.
- "Safe Walk" virtual campus safety escort.
- Two-way text communication with campus police with optional anonymous mode.
- Call directory with campus resources.
Rave Guardian is an integrated feature of K-State Alerts, the university's emergency notification system. The phone numbers added by K-Staters to receive text/call alerts will appear in the Guardian app, but to modify or change these numbers, users must log in to K-State Connect and select the K-State Alerts tab under the Profile section.