K-State Alerts is Kansas State University's emergency notification system that gives campus authorities the ability to communicate emergency information quickly to the university community using some or all of the following channels:
- Text messaging
- Automated phone calls
- Broadcast e-mails to all @k-state.edu accounts
- Alert beacons
- Police public address systems
- K-State staff carrying radios
- Postings to the K-State website and mobile app
- Tornado warning sirens (sample audio)
K-State students, faculty and staff can sign up for and manage their notification options via the K-State Connect website. Simply log in and select the “K-State Alerts” tab under the Profile section.
Visitors to K-State can receive text messages about emergency situations at all three campuses by texting KSTATEVISITOR to 67283.