K-State Alerts is Kansas State University's emergency notification system that gives campus authorities the ability to communicate emergency information quickly to the university community using some or all of the following channels:
- Text messaging
- Automated phone calls
- Broadcast e-mails to all @k-state.edu accounts
- Alert beacons
- Police public address systems
- Postings to the K-State website and mobile app
- Tornado warning sirens (sample audio)
- Rave Guardian mobile app
K-State students, faculty and staff can sign up for and manage their notification options via the K-State Connect website. Simply log in and select the “K-State Alerts” tab under the Profile section. If you need assistance click here for a step by step guide to updating your settings.
The university is partnering with the Rave Guardian mobile app, which is an integrated feature K-State Alerts. The phone numbers used for K-State Alerts will appear in the Guardian profile. Phone numbers cannot be modified in the Guardian app; only through K-State Connect.
Visitors to K-State can receive text messages about emergency situations at all three campuses by texting KSTATEVISITOR to 67283. Users will receive notifications by text message when K-State Alerts is activated for any of the three campuses.
Other area alert systems
K-State Alerts is a powerful tool to keep K-State and the surrounding community informed about emergencies on campus. But off campus emergencies can affect K-Staters' lives as well. K-Staters who don’t reside on campus are encouraged to sign-up for emergency notifications for their resident county to stay informed about off-campus events. Below are links to the notification systems for each campus' respective county and counties that have a significant number of K-State employees — if the county offers the service.
- The Northeast Kansas Regional Notification System allows users to select a variety of alerts for one or more of the following counties:
- K-Staters who live on Fort Riley can sign up for post alerts by calling 785-313-3428.
- Clay County
- Johnson County
- Saline County
- Sedgwick County – Download the Sedgwick County app for emergency alerts
- Topeka/Shawnee County
- Wabaunsee County