February 13, 2020
Newly hired faculty members invited to join New Faculty Institute
The New Faculty Institute is a universitywide program hosted by the Teaching and Learning Center to introduce newly hired faculty to K-State's missions of teaching, research and service. The New Faculty Institute provides networking and professional development opportunities to assist new faculty in becoming successful educators and researchers at Kansas State University.
The K-State New Faculty Institute will help participants:
- Make contact, establish relationships and initiate a professional network with peers and established faculty.
- Become knowledgeable about Kansas State University.
- Develop a sense of belonging to the K-State community.
- Take steps toward successful involvement in K-State's missions of teaching, research and service.
- Become proactive participants in a lifelong professional development process.
To be added to the listserv and to receive timely updates about the New Faculty Institute, please email Tamara Bauer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The spring events schedule:
- Thursday, Feb. 27, 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m., "Understanding the promotion & tenure process."
- Wednesday, March 18, 8:15 a.m. to 9:30 a.m., "Support services for students at K-State."
- Tuesday, April 21, 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. "Time with President Richard Myers."
For event details and to RSVP please see the New Faculty Institute website.
We look forward to working with you!