January 22, 2020
On Jan. 15, Gov. Kelly delivered her State of the State Address and details of her budget were released the following day. Details can be found online.
Recommendations for higher education:
- University operating grant — $11,893,156.
- Kansas Access Partnership Grant — Need-Based Aid Program — $5 million.
- The governor did include a 2.5% salary increase for state employees, but she excluded employees who work at our universities.
- Kansas State University supplement — $291,670 both years, this is a fix for an error with the pay plan from last year.
Hearings for this week of interest to higher education:
The House Higher Education Budget Committee heard a presentation Jan. 21 on the Midwestern Higher Education Compact.
Kansas Legislative Session Review Sessions will be from noon to 1 p.m. in the K-State Student Union on the dates below. These are brown bag lunch sessions open to all campus faculty, staff and students.
- Jan. 24, Union Cottonwood Room.
- Jan. 31, Union Cottonwood Room.
- Feb. 7, Union Cottonwood Room.
- Feb. 14, Union Room 209.
- Feb. 28, Union Room 209.
- March 6, Union Room 209.
- March 13, Union Cottonwood Room.
- March 20, Union Cottonwood Room.
- March 27, Union Cottonwood Room.
- April 3, Union Cottonwood Room.
- April 10, Union Cottonwood Room.
For information and questions regarding the 2020 Legislature, contact the Office of Government Relations at firstname.lastname@example.org or 785-532-6227.