January 15, 2020
Provost names search committee for vice provost for graduate education and dean of Graduate School
Chuck Taber, provost and executive vice president, has appointed the search committee to lead a national search for the university's next vice provost for graduate education and dean of the Graduate School.
Amit Chakrabarti, dean of the College of Arts and Sciences, will chair the committee. The university will engage the services Academic Career & Executive Search, an executive search firm, to support the search process.
Search committee members are:
- Enoch Akowuah, master's student in landscape architecture and regional & community planning, College of Architecture, Planning & Design.
- Amit Chakrabarti, chair, professor and dean of College of Arts and Sciences.
- Peter Dorhout, professor and vice president for research.
- Jared Durtschi, associate professor of family studies and human services, College of Health and Human Sciences.
- Karen Goos, vice provost for enrollment management.
- Janel Harder, office specialist in the Center for Student Success and Professional Services, College of Education.
- Stacy Hutchinson, professor and associate dean for research and graduate programs, Carl R. Ice College of Engineering.
- Jerry Johnson, professor and chair of educational leadership department, College of Education.
- Katie Kingery-Page, associate professor and associate dean for research, College of Architecture, Planning & Design.
- Anne Longmuir, associate professor and director of graduate studies in the English department, College of Arts and Sciences.
- Ashley Martin, assistant vice president for the Division of Communications and Marketing.
- Ellyn Mulcahy, associate professor and director of Master of Public Health program, College of Veterinary Medicine.
- Emily Pascoe, doctoral student in interior design and fashion studies, College of Health and Human Sciences.
- Dustin Pendell, professor and director of graduate programs in the agricultural economics department, College of Agriculture.
- Hannah Shear, doctoral student in agricultural economics, College of Agriculture.
- Chwen Sheu, professor and associate dean for academic programs, College of Business Administration.
- Tim Steffensmeier, associate professor and director of leadership communications doctoral program, Staley School of Leadership Studies.
"I thank the members of the search committee for their commitment to finding our next vice provost for graduate education and dean of Graduate School," Taber said. "This is a critical position to drive growth and success in graduate education at Kansas State University."