June 24, 2019
Highlights from the June 11 Faculty Senate meeting
These are the highlights from the June 11 Faculty Senate meeting. Minutes become available on the Faculty Senate website as they are approved.
Guest: Provost Charles Taber provided an overview to senators of the recent visit from Provost Bill Hardgrave, which related to budget modernization. He also provided the anticipated timeline for discussion and action regarding differential tuition in the coming academic year.
Standing committee and Student Senate reports:
- Academic Affairs: A policy was approved related to approving, reviewing and deleting K-State 8 course tags. This will take effect in fall 2019 and will supersede previous policies regarding K-State 8 tagging and criteria.
- Faculty Affairs: This fall they will discuss TEVALs, specifically how they are used in promotion and tenure reviews. They will review University Handbook, Section J for any needed revisions. Finally, they will work on additional language for Section C specifically related to term employees.
- Professional Staff Affairs: No report.
- Student Senate: No report.
- Technology, FSCOT: No report.
- University Planning, FSCOUP: No report.
• Academic Calendar F2022-S2025 — senators further discussed the proposed academic calendar and their views on the possibility of an additional fall break. The University Calendar committee will be informed of the discussion. Action on the calendar will be taken this coming fall.
• The monthly KBOR meeting report was provided by President González.
Open discussion period
• No discussion.
Faculty Senate President
Cultural Studies Track Head
Department of English
Kansas State University
Manhattan, KS 66506